Monday, December 20, 2004

Okay, before I post any sort of 'real' entry, can I just express my disappointment that The Amazing Race went to Berlin this season? Yeah, I'm excited that Berlin was on the list of places to go, but couldn't they wait til I was a contestant? Dude, I know how to get to the East Side Gallery and I could at least appreciate the Gedächtniskirche, even if I've never been there. And the Brandenburg Gate as the final destination?! Baskets of suck, man, because I sure as hell don't know Munich or Frankfurt like I know Berlin. Damn.

On a lighter note, Jen called me yesterday! She's my first phone call from outside Germany, so congrats, Jen! It was fun to talk to her, since I haven't spoken with her since August, even though we talk almost everyday online. She flies home to the States on Wednesday. Safe travels, Jenny! Don't do anything stupid ;)

I also talked to Pamela re: Mallorca. She's excited. I'm excited. One week from now we will be at Tegel getting ready to go! WAAAHOOOOSIA! (Wahoosia? Just go with it.)

Bridget leaves to fly home.... today. She's at Tegel as we speak, waiting for her flight to Newark and then to Buffalo. I hope her brother likes the Thanksgiving Bass shirt I made him!

Then I called home. Corey has some country project and his country is Germany (probably due to me -- either he chose it himself, or his teacher assigned it to him because I went in to talk to his class about living here. Cute kids, those fourth graders!) and I needed to tell my aunt how to make this cake that I brought back with me. I got the bad news that Chico died this weekend. He was their dog. (I guess, in a technical sense, he was my dog too, since I lived there, but he was never really my dog.) Anyway, I'm sad, because he was a good dog, even if he was a bit wild at times.

It snowed here yesterday. Not too much, not more than an inch, but enough for everything to be snow-covered. Ironic, considering I was talking about the lack of snow with everyone I spoke to yesterday. Brought it on myself, I did. Lovely.

And! Most excitingly, I am almost done with my Christmas Tree. It's hanging up on my wall with lots of paper ornaments and some garland made out of wooden flower petals. I just need a few more, and it shall be complete! I also need to get some red posterboard for Rupert's Santa Hat. Heheheh. Ridiculous, that is, but I am going to do it and it shall be cute! I'll post pics when I can. I'm such a dork :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DO YOU HAVE A STAR FOR YOUR TREE. iF NOT i CAN ATTEMPT TO MAKE ONE OUT OF RIBBON AND BRING IT WITH ME sUNDAY; YES i KNOW THIS IS AFTER x-MAS; BUT WHEN HAVE WE DONE ANYTHIGN ON TIME; HEHE1 dARN IT; i HIT CAPS LOCK; i'M SUCH A DORK! -Pamela