Thursday, February 24, 2005

Exciting Development!

Earlier today, our secretary comes into my office and tells me that Herr D., the Hausmeister for my apartment building, is on the phone and that she's going to forward it to me. (I really appreciate how she warns me when I have a phone call -- makes for a lot less panic on my part, lol!)

Apparently, Herr D. acquired a couch and wants to know if I want to have it. So tomorrow morning at 7:30 (ugh! so early!) I am getting a couch for my room! I'm assuming it's not some nasty gross couch that they found on the street, but tomorrow after work I'm going to go look for a blanket or a cover of some sort for it anyway.

Of course, I will have to re-arrange some things and make it a bit more inviting of a space, but I welcome the challenge. It's like a real apartment, with real furniture that I can move around at my whim! And naturally this means I need to do some cleaning, which I would have to do anyway in case Pamela shows up tomorrow. I just need to do it tonight after work instead of the hour before her train gets in ;)

...I wonder if I should take down my 6' Rupert Grint poster, too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a COUCH?!?!?! i am insanely jealous. Ah, what I wouldn't give for a couch.. or even an armchair... =) ~b