Monday, March 07, 2005

Broadway

Today on Launchcast Radio I'm listening to the showtunes station. La la la, there's some "Wicked," a bit of "Rent," a tad of "Little Shop of Horrors." Okay, I can handle it. Then this song comes on from the 1993 revival of "She Loves Me," which I've never heard of. But the song ("Try Me") sounds SO FAMILIAR, so I looked it up. Turns out the guy singing it (Brad Kane) is Aladdin's singing voice in the Disney movie. Weird how a person's brain can remember stuff like the voice of the dude who

Now it's "Surrey with a Fringe on the Top" which makes me think of sophomore year of high school when we produced "Oklahoma!" (or "OQRJMAND!" as our conductor spelled it) -- the orb dance, the guys dancing to "Kansas City" and getting a standing ovation in the middle of the song, painting the rock with the name of the show only to come to school the next day and see that someone had painted over with "Nevada!" It was good times, good times.

No comments: