Monday, June 27, 2005

Weekend randomness

Pop Culture Tip! Buy the new Foo Fighters cd, In Your Honor. Two cds. One loud, one not so loud. You'll love it.

Happy 5th Anniversary to Ryan and Mike! Where has the time gone?! I wish you many more multiples-of-five :)

I'm not going to recount my entire weekend, simply because it will make me look sad and pathetic. Basically because I don't think I left my apartment once on Saturday or Sunday, save taking out the garbage. However! I did spend a lot of time on the phone, with Jen, Bridget, and Pamela, which put me in a phone-chatty mood, except I didn't have anyone to call. So, if you want a phone call, email me your phone number and the time difference (hetobeto AT yahoo DOT com)! I'll probably call!

Also, I heard back from one of our former students who lives in Prague. I wanted to meet up with him for coffee or something while I was there, but it turns out that he'll be on vacation in Slovakia from the 10th to the 24th. However, if I wanted to come visit him anywhere from the 4th to the 10th, I could stay with him and his family in their flat. Dude! It never fails to astound me at the hospitality of the people I've met here. Invitations to visit, offers to sleep in their homes - amazing. I think it's part of the comeraderie that comes from being somewhat transient, even if it's only for a few weeks. I know that I've already extended offers to visit to pretty much everyone I've met here - and some friends-of-friends that I haven't. Let's just hope that none of them come visit before I have a place of my own :)

And speaking of places of my own, I spent a lot of time thinking about the day when I do move into an apartment or house that has my name on the lease. Things like - do I want an apartment? A house? Where? Do I want a flatmate or do I want to live on my own? How am I going to afford furniture? Will I be in my own place by Christmas or shortly thereafter, so I can take advantage of after-Christmas sales and buy a tree? And yes, that last one actually did cross my mind. Don't say my weirdness astounds you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey...you need someplace
to hang those ornaments...