Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Some days, I just don't feel like posting. It takes too much energy to formulate coherent (let alone eloquent) sentences. Today is one of those days. I'll blame the weather, because it feels more like April than July. Cold and rainy? No thanks!

Anyway, we celebrated Independence Day here on Monday. Yes, we know it's an American holiday and that we are in Germany, but it was fun. There was food, a grill, dancing, and drinking. What more could you ask for? Well, maybe that the cd player wouldn't skip every three seconds, but we made due with what we had.

All in all, it was a really great time spent with some cool people.

In other news, I had cake and dinner (in that order. Only in Germany does dessert regularly precede the meal!) with the Just family on Saturday. They are such cool people - inviting me, a virtual stranger, into their home for the evening and making me feel like one of the family. I had the best strawberry torte I think I have ever had, as well as some amazing homemade tzatziki for dinner. They even sent me home with a bag full of cherries and a jar of homemade jelly. Awesomeness!

Also, I didn't know it, but the Christian art exhibit that I take our students to was in Dayton a few years ago. Random! Read about it here.

No comments: