Thursday, August 04, 2005

What a difference a year makes!

Happy Anniversary to Me! Today marks exactly one year since I arrived in Germany for my internship. I'm trying to be all introspective about how I've changed over the past year and become a better person, but I'm coming up blank! Other than the obvious - I'm pretty fluent in German now - I can't think of anything... sure, I've made some new friends, lived on my own, tackled culture shock and being a foreigner where "Amis" are looked at funny (funnily?) for speaking English on the streets, but I don't feel any different.

Should I? Am I supposed to feel like a different person after spending a year abroad? Should I be able to articulate these changes in a detailed list for my readers? Well bugger. Sorry 'bout that. Ain't gonna happen.

I can, however, direct any HBP fans to some lovely missing moments by lavenderbrown over at checkmated.com. I'm tempted to print them all out and insert them directly into my copy of HBP to read alongside the novel! Squee!

No comments: