(1) Cook 9 lasagna noodles.
(2) Cook 1 package of frozen spinach.
(3) Mix a container of ricotta chesse with 1/2 bag of shredded mozzarella, some grated Parmesan, some oregano and parsley, and cooked spinach.
(4) Spread 1/2 c. tomato sauce in bottom of a greased 11X7 pan. (13X9 would definitely work better, but 11X7 is all I have)
(5) Layer noodles, cheese mixture, then tomato sauce 2X.
(6) Top with remaining noodles, small amount of sauce, rest of mozzarella cheese and some more graded Parmesan. ** Bridget claims this typo is due to too much grading or oncoming sickness. Suuuuuuuuuure*
(7) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
(8) Let stand 10 minutes.
And here's a recipe for Spinach Mac from styro over there.
1 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
½ sweet onion, grated
Microwave or boil these together for a couple of minutes, just to meld the flavors. Use a strainer and the back of a spoon to press out excess liquid.
Boil ½ box macaroni noodles to package directions.
Make a white sauce:
Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter
whisk in 1 tablespoon of sifted flour
1 ½ to 2 cups of milk
Fresh ground black pepper
Stir the spinach/onion into the white sauce, stir together with noodles, then stir in any kind of grated cheese (I used about ½ cup each of Parmesan, mozzarella, crumbled feta and about 1 cup Monterey jack)
Pour into a greased casserole, sprinkle grated jack on top, bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, until bubbly and the top starts to brown.
This keeps really well, so if you want to freeze it or make it ahead of time and bake it just before an event… it was a real crowd-pleaser.
Lotsa spinach, so be like Popeye and enjoy!