Monday, February 27, 2006

I've been chastised about the negativity in my last post, so I'll brighten things up a bit with a meme that was swiped from Jess and the internets.

The Four Things Meme

Four jobs I’ve had:
- Concessionist at Showcase Maumee. I couldn't eat popcorn for ages.
- Circulation worker. Amazingly, I didn't get as many papercuts as I would've expected. But the dry hands were the worst!
- English language administrative assistant. In case you skipped over the first 13 months of my blog, or something!
- Ham auditor. Trust me, it's not as exciting as it sounds.

Four movies I can watch over and over:
- You've Got Mail
- Clue
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- Bridget Jones' Diary
- The Shawshank Redemption (yes, I know that's five! It's a MEME, not my tax returns!)

Four Places I’ve Lived:
- Toledo, Ohio
- Springfield, Ohio
- Wittenberg, Germany
- State of Denial

Four TV shows I love:
- The West Wing (Bartlet for America!)
- The Amazing Race (I want to get Philiminated!)
- Drake & Josh
- Berlin, Berlin! (Shout out to Lolle and Sven!)

Four places I’ve vacationed:
- Round Lake, Michigan (the site of the infamous $15 tooth - nothing like 7 different tooth fairies!)
- Oceanside & Carlsbad, California. SoCal, at least!
- NYC/New Jersey coast
- Mallorca

Four of my favorite dishes:
- lasagna (regular OR spinach!)
- chicken pot pie
- fresh veggies & a bread bowl with dip
- chocolate cake

Four sites I visit daily:
- Styrofoam Kitty
- Go Fug Yourself
- Pop Candy
- Toledo Library

Four places I would rather be right now:
- someplace warm and sunny
- someplace tropical and beachy
- someplace secluded
- someplace where a lovely tanned and gorgeous waiter would bring me drinks with the little umbrellas in them

In other news, I watched approximately 15 minutes of the Bachelor finale, right at 10:30, since nothing else was on. It's very unusual for me to not get emotionally involved in reality tv, seeing as it deals with "REAL PEOPLE." However, I saw the candidates, watched the Doc dis the first one, and couldn't care enough to watch him propose to the kindey-garden teacher. Talk about a first for me!

Also, the Coldplay concert ROCKED! I am SO GLAD that I had the chance to go. If the stars are aligned correctly, I might get to go see them again in Cleveland in March. Apparently EVERYONE I KNOW is going to that concert. Well, not everyone, but at least three other people, which is a lot for a concert in another city. Random.

Speaking of stars aligning, if it's clear and you go outside at night, you should be able to see Orion. I remember being able to see Orion virtually every night in the winter in Germany, even on the short walk down the scary alley from Jess' apartment back to my own. I think the first time it was pointed out to me was on the walk back to my place after a movie... what movie, I can't remember what. Maybe that ridiculous one about Snow White, Jess? I'm fairly certain that's the first time I met Steffi, too!

You can also see Sirius, the Dog Star - just find Orion's belt and follow the three stars down to the left. It should be the bright star in the sky for the next two weeks or so, according to some dude on BG's PBS station. Awesome!

No comments: