Friday, November 10, 2006

And now for something completely different!

Alright, y'all. Here's something you haven't been expecting: a post from the boy himself! He wrote a lil' somethin' for you to all get to know him a bit better. And yes, he really is at this operatization right now.

-----

After much thought on how to properly introduce myself, I decided to just bypass introductions and dive straight into some serious blogging. Oh, I considered writing a short biography in haiku. Or telling tales of my youth spent selling Swahili-English dictionaries door-to-door in Beijing. (Not a succesful business venture in case you were wondering.)

Then I thought to myself, "Why dwell on the past? I should write about the future." Maybe Solomon Burke and Dolly Parton's lovely harmonizing on "Tomorrow is Forever" had something to do with it.

Soon I will depart to downtown Toledo for a rock operatized performance of "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald." Something I only could do in the Great Lakes region. And tomorrow I get to see Bobby Bare, Jr and Centro-matic in Maumee. (Think alt.country with a saxophone player in the band and good rock and roll with lots of pop-hooks) You see, kind readers, it has been a long time since there has been a good weekend full of live tuneage for me. (Tuneage has been added to the Oxford English Dictionary, and now I feel compelled to use it print.)

This serves as a good introduction because, as our dear blog host will tell you, I spend a lot of time talking about music. Now that you know this, perhaps instead of asking for more info on "the boy," you can give me a modifier and ask for more info on "music geek boy" or some variation thereof. Good evening.

No comments: