Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kristin called me out -- no posts in 2 weeks! Gasp!

Not much has been happening, actually, hence the radio silence. I finally started using my sewing machine and have sewed one pillow and a door snake. You know, those things that get shoved up under the door to block drafts. And now I am working on a skirt, which hopefully will look amazing and fit very well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I've also been trying to fly through season two of Buffy. I have season one and I got season three for Christmas, so I've been checking out season two from the library. Only four discs to go!

Here is a link to a fantastically funny photo gallery. No words can describe it. Just check it out.

And here's an untried recipe for potato-cheese soup. Proportions are so large because the creator freezes it in baking tins (which she then transfers to freezer bags for better storage) to make like six meals at a time.

10 potatoes, peeled and diced into half-inch cubes
8 carrots, peeled and diced into half-inch cubes
3 onions, peeled and diced into half-inch cubes
5 garlic cloves, minced
12 cups water
12 chicken boullion cubes
Salt and Pepper to taste.
2 boxes of velveeta cheese, diced into half-inch cubes.
1/2 cup of flour

This recipe is probably not the most healthy food in the world but for a cold day, it does wonders... and is great with a ham sandwich, or a salad.

This recipe will make 6 meals, when divided up into 2 1/4 qt. portions.

It's a pretty easy thing, just chop up all the vegtables and put them in a crazy big pot, with the water and chicken boullion. Simmer on medium until the vegetables are tender, but your carrots are still a vibrant orange... cuz they're pretty... Add the cheese untill its all incorporated into the soup. Use a large measuring cup or bowl to mix 2 1/2 cups of the soup...( try and not get any of the vegetables into the measuring cup... but if you get a few, I won't tell on you!) with 1/2 cup of flour.... add the thickener to the soup.... and you're done. Super simple soup.

If anyone tries it, please let me know how it is!!

No comments: