Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tonight we're making cornish game hens for dinner, and I think I'll be put in charge of making the mashed potatoes (Kevin would prefer rice, but I have a thing against rice. I don't know why!). I'll probably use my new mashed potato seasoning mix that I got for Christmas, as well as the rest of my fun potato tools. Woo!

In the meantime, though, I've been reading the archives of smittenkitchen. I read Smitten's blog a few years ago, and I just re-discovered it today. I love it! She's got some gorgeous photos of her creations, and she's not afraid to tell you what she really thinks of a recipe.

I'm slowly reading backwards through her archives, so I am going to post a bunch of links here to recipes that I want to try. They are all dessert recipes, but I will try to add some not-so-sweet recipes to the list.

Hello Dolly bars

Red Velvet Cake

Chocolate Babka (Seinfeld, anyone?)

Grapefruit Yogurt Cake

Peanut Butter Cookies

Tiramisu Cake

Edited!
White Bean/Roasted Red Pepper Dip -- decidedly NOT a dessert!

Chocolate Cake -- come on, who can pass up a recipe for chocolate cake?!

Pierogi

Layered Strawberry Shortcake

No comments: