Sunday, May 11, 2008

Alright, Kristin, you win! I finally have a spot of time to sit down and post about my vacation -- happy, now? :)

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip. There aren't a whole lot, since the camera didn't have a whole lot of space. I was forced to make due with what I had!




Some people think this looks like an album cover. After extensive examination, I think I agree!


Kristin, about to get shot out of a cannon at Fort Moultrie



At the Riverdogs baseball game. I kinda like this one! (And yes, Kevin wore that hat EVERY DAY of our trip!)



I don't know what I said to make them laugh, but it worked!



The ocean -- lovely! I wish I could've been there when it was warmer!


I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get any pictures of Savannah. I had fun there, even if it was 29348023948 degrees with 23942394 percent humidity at the end of APRIL! Which is crazy, but hey, they tell me that's the South! To which I respond, y'all are out of your minds!

My one gripe is that the restaurants weren't as spectacular as I expected! Ooh, the ocean, ooh, the seafood, ooh, southern cooking. Yeah, not so much. Don't get me wrong, it was all good, but it wasn't mind-blowingly extraordinary. It's difficult when you only have two days, though, so if (when) I ever make it back, I'll have to do a bit more research.

The oyster roast was super fun, though. I'm also bummed that I didn't get any pictures of that, but it was dark and we were busy cooking food. Again, something we'll have to repeat on my next adventure to South Carolina!

All in all, two thumbs up, even if some of the food was mediocre and the temperatures were outrageous. The company was delightful, which more than made up for it :) Thank you for a great time, Kristin!

No comments: