Monday, November 10, 2008

Yesterday, I made a totally delicious pumpkin pie, based on Deb's silky smooth pumpkin pie recipe at smittenkitchen. I say "based on" because I couldn't find whole, canned candied yams at the grocery store, so I had to get a can of sweet potato casserole (I didn't remember that she said it was okay to use just regular canned yams). Also, Kevin had a jar of pre-ground, fresh ginger in the fridge that I used, intead of grating my own or using non-existent ground ginger powder.


I never thought that pumpkin pie was grainy, until I tried this one. My one issue is that I couldn't get the pie to set... I mean, it's solid, but not firm, like if I left it out too long, it'd start to slide into the rest of the pie plate. I think I didn't bake it quite long enough. Also, I totally jacked up the pie crust when I pre-baked it, so I had to prop up the side of the pie plate with a beer cap when I baked the actual pie.










Regardless, it is DELICIOUS and I now need an excuse to make a pumpkin pie. Mmmm, mmm, good!

No comments: