Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I Voted for Kerry!

"Practice Abstinence: No Bush. No Dick." That's my away message for the day. I wish I had the opportunity to make a sign and wear it around the building, or something. I guess I could, but no one would get it.

So, I voted. Granted, it was a month ago and cost me 3 Euro, but that's a small price to pay for democracy, I think. Did you? It's not too late, especially considering that most polling places aren't even open yet as of the time I am writing this! (ten til noon, which means 5:50am in the Eastern time zone!)

I can't say that I am not nervous, because I totally am. Months and months of campaigning and debates and fundraising have come down to this. And I want to throw up. I've got butterflies in my stomach, hoping that Kerry will win but being terrified that he won't.

I can't imagine what life will be like in four years if Bush somehow cons the nation into giving him another four years. It's not just about terrorism. It's about women's rights, the environment, foreign relations, education, health care, the economy...

::sigh:: I can't write anymore. The whole thing makes me tired, and it's too depressing to think about. I've done my part, I hope you have done yours, and less than 24 hours from now, we will know. Hopefully.

No comments: