Thursday, December 02, 2004

Well, I am back in Germany now. I must admit that it was hard to get on that plane, but I wasn't about to abandon my job and leave all of my stuff here!

Things are looking up, though. It's a new month, almost a new year (!!!), and exciting things are happening. I don't remember if I posted about this before I left or not, but I finally met another American who is here in Wittenberg. Her name is Jessica and she is an intern at the ELCA office here in town. She invited me over to her place last night for dinner and we watched a movie. It was so great to be able to hang out with someone! Having a friend really does make a difference, we decided. I also got invited to the Thanksgiving dinner her coworkers are hosting tonight, so that is doubly exciting! All but one of them are Americans (the German is the spouse of an American), so it should be a lot of fun. I only found out about it last night, so I don't have anything to bring, but I will stop and get some flowers to take.

Also, next weekend the Witt alum are scheduling a Christmas get-together. We will once again convene at my place (the only place big enough -- and that has an oven!), but we are planning on day-tripping to Berlin or Leipzig to visit the Christmas markets. I am excited!

Work is going well. I helped create our Christmas mailer this morning -- never have people been so impressed with my writing! "Joy and serenity," that's all it takes! I am also meeting with the guy who hired me to do some translation work for his office. I need to call him in about an hour to make sure he is there before I just head upstairs. Although a phone call to the foreigners' office was needed, just to make sure that it was okay that I do this, even though I hadn't heard anything against it. So hopefully my 50 Euro are on their way!

I think it is time to go take care of some student loan stuff. I made a couple of phone calls yesterday so I know what to do. Now it's time to just do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, it's Pamela. Sent you an email, it doesn't really say much, but at least it#s an email, hehe! Glad to know you'Re safely backa dn I#m looking forward to conviening at your place :)