Tuesday, January 04, 2005

It's dark at night...

I need to stop reading articles and books about women getting murdered. I've a current fascination with Jack the Ripper, who, as I'm sure we've all heard, liked to go around hacking prostitutes into bits in 1888. Well, not so much the hacking, really, I think it was more of a slice-and-dice type thing. Anyway, I also picked up the new UK Cosmo which as an article about a woman who was walking home from somewhere one night, ignored her instinct, walked down a dark, secluded alley as a shortcut, and ended up getting her head bashed in with a hammer. Lovely, right?

So what is my point? I live approximately one minute's walking distance from Jessica. The easiest and most direct route from my place to hers is one such dark, secluded alleyway. I'm not about to walk 10 minutes and 5 blocks out of my way every night. That's just ridiculous! So, if I happen to get slashed by the Ripper or bashed by the Hammer Head guy, you heard it hear first. It's my own damn fault!

I'm just glad that after Jess and I go see a movie tonight, she'll have to walk down the alley by herself, heh heh. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

No, silly, my imaginary friend Brutus will be with me!