Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Are you kidding me.

First Amendment No Big Deal, Students Say

"The way many high school students see it, government censorship of newspapers may not be a bad thing, and flag burning is hardly protected free speech."

"
[W]hen told of the exact text of the First Amendment, more than one in three high school students said it goes "too far" in the rights it guarantees. Only half of the students said newspapers should be allowed to publish freely without government approval of stories."


Are we looking at the future of America? Because if we are, get me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been listening to Channel One? That was on Tuesday when I subbed. I can believe it,I don't even think half of the high school students know what the 1st Amendment is, up here it is the right to bear arms that they care about, have to be able to hunt Bambi. -C