This post is a response to my earlier post this week about Keanu's star on the Walk of Fame. I had one brave participant who correctly answered 2 of the quotes! Congratulations, Jess! You win... um... well, I'll bake you something in the oven, or something, how's that?
For those who have been anxiously awaiting the answers:
1. "You're sayin' the FBI's gonna pay me to learn to surf?" -- Point Break, with none other than Mr. Johnny Castle himself, Patrick Swayze!
2. "You know, Mrs. Buchman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father." -- one of the best movies ever, Parenthood. Features a very young and very impressionable Joaquin Phoenix.
3. "I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work." -- Oh yes, the requisite Speed quote. Cameron Frye is in that movie. Anyone? Anyone?
4. "She's like the air to me. " - A Walk in the Clouds. I used to loooooove this movie. But I still had to go to IMDb to make sure that's where this quote came from. Interesting trivia: Debra Messing plays Keanu's wife. Whoa.
5. "There is no spoon?" -- Ah, The Matrix.
So those are the answers for Keanu Trivia. I'll leave you a challenge for the weekend, though. The sunject: Ewan McGregor. Good luck!
1. "There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not that they're faster or stronger then the other fish. They're just touched by something extra."
2. "We would have injected vitamin C if only they had made it illegal!"
3. "Love? Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love."
4. "Earth still is my favourite planet."
and a give away
5. "The council has granted me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi, I promise."