Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Um, right, so I'm not going to comment on all of the plane crashes recently, except to say that my heart goes out to all of those involved and their families. Such tragedies, and so many! But right, am flying home in less than two weeks, so yeah.

In other news, congratulations to Bridget, Minnesota's newest teacher! One more place for me to visit... great! I hope that I have a lot of vacation time, wherever I end up :)

Also, I've been spending a lot of time with my friend Steffi, who leaves us this weekend for parts unknown. Actually, she has some ideas of where to go, she just has to make a decision. (She's picking a university/career path this week.) We went to a beach last Thursday and on Sunday she convinced me to go swimming at another little lake in the area. That was the first time I've been in a bathing suit in years! But it was fun and I'm glad I went. I'm also glad that Steffi and I are friends to begin with, because I know I'd have been so bored this year without her! Plus, she's just the sweetest person ever. Yay for nice people!

But for now, I've got to go job searching, so have a great Wednesday! My farewell-from-work dinner is this evening, so I should have a semi-interesting post tomorrow ;)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

The swimming sounds like fun! I hope you had great time at the dinner. :-)