Monday, October 24, 2005

Alas, as soon as I got this figured out, I have to go to bed. But first, let me say that I am totally in love with the show "Drake and Josh" on Nickelodeon, and I am mad that my work schedule this week doesn't allow me to see it at 5:30. Even though today we left at 5:10 instead of 6:00. But of course, the show wasn't on. Damn you, Nickelodeon, and your wacky scheduling!!

Regarding work at the ham place: it's alright. Not my life's work, but it pays the bills. I don't actually start learning MY job (which, Elizabeth, involves not numbers, but going through and checking orders that were entered via mail or fax, calling people re: declined credit cards, etc.) until next week. This week is learning customer relations (or is it consumer services? I never remember) and how to use the computer system (DOS how I loathe thee!).

But I am still going to Witt to speak on the foreign language panel, so look me up in my approximately 24 hour whirlwind tour of campus. (I am not staying the whole weekend because Saturday is Corey's birthday and Sunday is the remainder of his soccer tournament -- his team is undefeated in the regular season, and I'd hate to miss them win the first place trophies!) You know where to find me, folks!

And now a workin' girl's gotta get her sleep. Over and out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are u spoken 4 lunch???

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the panel, and I hoep the concert afterwards! ~Pamela

Bridget said...

*a la 'The Bob and Tom Show'*
YEAH HAM!!
(percussion beat)
I get up in the morning 'bout 6am,
Have a little jelly, have a little..ham?

Training is probably the most obnoxious part of work...at least they let you out early that one day! Have a fabulous time at Witt and chalk some theses for me. =)