Saturday, November 26, 2005

I've only got like 10 minutes; I'm going to see Shopgirl with Kathleen tonight.

Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving? I know, I owe you an entry about all of the things I'm thankful for. But I haven't quite finished it (Bad Heto!). I'll finish it.... eventually. Thursday really screwed up my week, though. I so did not want to get up and go to work on Friday, and when I was there, it felt like Monday. TGIF, yo. But we saw Goblet of Fire (second time for me, and definitely not the last, as I'll be seeing it in IMAX form with Jen when she's home for the holidays). I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Woooo, Harry Potter!

Then, last night, after a long, long day at work, Kathleen and Stephanie dragged me out. In hindsight, I'm glad I went, but I definitely did not want to go at the beginning. We ended up stopping at our friend's house, as the girls had done that last year on Thanksgiving and wanted to make it a tradition to just pop in. (I wasn't there last year because we had our big family holiday bash, and also slammed my finger in the car door, for those of you who remember.) Anyway, Brett was not at home, but his parents were, so we hung out with them for a while until Brett showed up. I haven't seen Brett in probably two years, but he's still the same crazy kid I remember. It was good to see him, and we have definitely plans to do something over Christmas. His parents invited us back, but as the girls won't be in town, it'd just be me. I joked that I don't have anything else to do, so I'll just come back next weekend, if it's okay with them.

After that visit, we headed to Stephanie's house, where I got to see her parents and sister. Man, it's weird to be back at a house that I frequented all the time during high school, but haven't been there in well over a year. Then we headed to Doc Watson's to meet up with one of Steph's friends from school. We had a pretty good time, but boy, I was glad to climb into bed when I got home.

It really does make a difference when you've got friends to visit!

No comments: