Monday, January 23, 2006

Oh West Wing, how I shall miss you!

In case you didn't hear, NBC's officially given my favorite show the axe. So to mourn a bit and commemorate, here are some of my favorite quotes from the first season:

Josh: I want to be a comfort to my friends in tragedy and I want to laugh with them in triumph, and in between, I just want to be able to look them in the eye. (The Crackpots and These Women)

President: C.J., on your tombstone it's gonna read: "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc".
C.J.: Okay, but none of my visitors are going to be able to understand my tombstone.
President: Twenty-seven lawyers in the room, anybody know "post hoc, ergo propter hoc"? Josh?
Josh: Ah, post, after hoc, ergo, therefore... After hoc, therefore something else hoc. (Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc)

Leo: There are two things in the world you never want people to see how you make them -- laws and sausages. (Five Votes Down)

C.J.: Yosh.
Josh: What the hell happened?
C.J.: I had woot canaow.
Josh: What happened to your cheeks?
C.J.: I had woot canow.
Josh: Why are you talking like that?
C.J.: I HAD WOOT CANOW! (winces in pain and holds the side of her cheek)
Josh: Yeah, I heard you the first time. I was just amusing myself.
C.J.: I can suwggess some ofwer things you can do wiff yowrseff.
Josh: Are you in pain?
C.J.: I HAD WOOT CANOW!
Josh: You're going to have to stop saying that because you just look and sound so ridiculous. (Celestial Navigation)

Sam: Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don’t need little changes. We need gigantic revolutionary changes. Schools should be palaces. Competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be getting six-figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge for its citizens, just like national defense. That is my position. I just haven’t figured out how to do it yet. (Six Meetings Before Lunch)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad I will miss that show!!

Bridget said...

Amen to that last one!

Abba said...

"The Crackpots and These Women" is the episode that's my favorite so far, considering I'm only through season four. The end makes me cry every time I watch it.