Wednesday, October 11, 2006

She's alive!

Yes, I'm still kickin'. It's just that I've been incredibly busy working both jobs these past couple weeks, which has made me incredibly tired and irritable (sorry, Kevin!) that I haven't had the desire to sit down and blog about anything.

But here's a short rundown:

Tigers moved on to the ALCS series and won last night. Woohoo! Motivation for Kevin to get a TV: high, as otherwise we must listen to the games on the radio. Yes, you read correctly. Like we live in the 40s.

I had not one, not two, but THREE days off in a row due to Columbus Day! My manager at the store was generous enough to schedule me a nice mini-break weekend since I had the bank holiday on Monday.

Due to said holiday, I got more sleep than I could've imagined. Probably not enough, as evidenced by the under-eye circles I've ALREADY GOT and it's only been two days, but still. I got to sleep for more than 6 hours at a time. Score!

I watched some soccer, bon voyage-d my cousin who left with his girlfriend to live in Japan for a year. Good luck, Ben and Erin!

I baked two pies: apple and pear. The pear pie is far superior to the apple. I vastly improved my technique with that one.

I didn't make the pie crust.

But I did bake bread. (Or, you know, assist my boyfriend while he baked bread.)

And soup (which I really did make on my own, minus the chopping. Why should I spend all my time chopping things into not-small-enough pieces when Kevin worked as a cook and can do all that much faster than I ever can?).

I clebrated six months with Kevin. Craziness! It feels like we've been together much longer, and at the same time, I can't believe it's already been six months. As Joey Lawrence would say, whoa!

No comments: