Monday, November 06, 2006

Worst Day Ever

I seriously had one of the worst days of my working career today. It's really, REALLY hard to do people's banking when the system is down and you have to process transactions manually. This, of course, means that you stamp the paperwork and give out receipts and create a pile of work eight inches high that you've got to do after closing. Needless to say, when you can't process the transactions as you're giving out the money, it's hard to make sure you're giving out the right amount. Only one of the four of us balanced to the penny. I was $22.51 over, and I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with some bus tokens. The only good part of the day is that I picked up a bit of overtime, since we were there til SIX-FREAKIN'-FORTY! (We're usually gone by 5:15 or 5:30.)

Anyway, we won't be short-staffed tomorrow, as all of our vacationing workers will be back from their vacations. And I'm scheduled to leave at 5:00, so I should make it to the retail gig on-time. Woohoo!

I'm contemplating how I should use my own vacation time this year (three whole days, plus a floating holiday for Veterans' Day, yeehaw!). I know I won't get any time off from the store after Thanksgiving, but I'm thinking of just taking a day or two off from the bank randomly throughout the season. I've also got some vacation time for next year that I've got to start thinking about. I was going to go to NC with Kevin for New Year's, but my cousin's gettin' hitched on December 30th so I figure I should stay around for that.

In other news, congrats to Benjamin for completing the NYC Marathon yesterday! You rock!

No comments: