Tuesday, November 09, 2010

McRib Madness!

So, I had a long day today. I had to leave the house at 6:50 to get to my mentoring site because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take me to get there (answer: 20 minutes, almost exactly). Which means I had to get up at 5:30 so that I could get ready and eat breakfast and all that great stuf that I do before work.

And I had to work late tonight (til 6:30! When I am used to leaving at 5:30 or even 5:15 sometimes!) to make calls for credit cards (meh). I decided that I did not want to make dinner or even reheat some leftovers, so I stopped at McDonald's.

Plus, I was curious about the McRib. Come on, after seeing all those commercials all over tv, who wouldn't be? Anyway, I ordered one. And I had to wait for almost 10 minutes for it because it wasn't ready. But! That means the McRib that I got was fresh (!) ...and... to make up for the wait, they gave me two free apple pies!

The verdict: the McRib is a fun treat, but I won't be driving across the country for it. And, free apple pies make everything better :)

No comments: