Monday, November 01, 2010

The stars at night / are big and bright

Deep in the Heart of Texas!

That's right, kids! This train is headed to Texas! Next week! Kevin and I were planning on going to Philadelphia over Veteran's Day to visit one of my best friends from high school, but plans have fallen through. And I decided that I'd like to go someplace warm*, so we're headed down south for five days.

We'll be flying into Austin and then going to San Antonio ("there's no basement** in the Alamo!"). Kevin's really excited about taking me around Austin (so he can show me all of his SXSW haunts... plus I think he just really wants one of his favorite margaritas!), and we'll be able to explore San Antonio together.

Anyone have any tips or secret hotspots to share? I'm open to all suggestions!

Also, I think I might have to go shopping for some fashionable warmer weather wear. Hopefully I can find some sweet stuff on 75% off clearance! I could use some non-work/non-jean pants that would be good for walking and lounging.

I am very excited about our Texas Adventure! Don't be surprised if I type song lyrics about Texas for the whole month, haha!

*today was the first day I woke up and the temperature was below freezing, so I don't know why I am complaining so much at this point. Talk to me again in FEBRUARY!
**I instinctively wanted to type baseball. I am sad that baseball is almost over for 2010. 157 days til Tigers Home Opener is TOO LONG TO WAIT!

No comments: