Friday, November 04, 2011

Ahhhh, Friday!

I have to say that one of the best things about my new job is Fridays. I've only had two of them, but they've both been pretty great so far.

Friday mornings begin with "treat," when someone brings in a small snack for everyone who participates. It costs $2 a year for plates and silverware, and then twice a year or so, you have to bring in something for everyone. Last week, in honor of Halloween, someone brought in dirt pudding, and today it was some tasty apple crisp!

Also, everyone seems a bit more relaxed... for example, around 3:30 today, I was studying (as I have been doing for the past 2 weeks), and my boss comes over to see how I'm doing. We were talking about time sheets and how I didn't know how to scan to email, so he called over one of the other assistants to show me. But first, we all end up standing/sitting around and talking about nothing for 30 minutes. It was great, and I can't wait to see what happens next Friday!

(Oh wait, next Friday is Veterans' Day....BANK HOLIDAY, BITCHES! hehe)

No comments: