Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Just Shoot Me

At work, I have my own cubicle. This is a good thing. I have my own desk, a chair, a laptop, plenty of blank space to fill with amazing things! I also don't have any privacy, as there are no walls or ceilings on any of the cubbies. This in itself is not a bad thing.

However, because it's such an open area, you can hear pretty much anything anyone says within a one cubicle radius. Some people try to combat this invasion of privacy/dead air by playing a radio during the day. Again, this in itself is not a bad thing.

But try living in a city where more people pay for satellite radio instead of listening to the stuff that's free on the airwaves (truth). The radio in T-town is TERRIBLE. All of the commercials are lame or inappropriate for work listening, the morning shows aren't funny or entertaining, and they play the same five songs all day long. I mean this literally. I tried texting Kristin anytime they played one of my "do not play again under penalty of death" songs, but it just got obnoxious after 2 hours. These songs are pretty good songs! I used to like most of them, but now hearing one of them makes me want to stab myself in the ear with an ice pick. And if I hear two of them in a row? Well let's not go there.*

So, without further ado (and, it's ado, not adieu, which has confused me for a while. I looked it up.), here are the top songs I never want to hear again in my life! Enjoy!

Adele: Someone Like Yoooooooooooooooooooooooou


Adele: Rolling in the Deep**


Maroon 5: Moves Like Jagger***


Gym Class Heroes f. Adam Levine (from - you guessed it! - Maroon 5): Stereo Hearts


Stay tuned for next week's edition! Maybe my ears will have stopped bleeding by then!

*Let's not forget, it's only my second week up there!
**This is also because my upstairs elephant neighbors played this song on repeat for hours on end for days on end.
***I liked this song so much I bought the CD! I can't listen to it anymore!

No comments: