Monday, November 14, 2011

Overwhelmed

I'm feeling kind of down today. I've got access to some of the systems at work now, and it seems like they're definitely going to take advantage of that. Today I was assigned what I thought would be a pretty simple project, but of course it's going to be infinitely more difficult because the information I need is not formatted in a way that's compatible with what I need to do. (I have to make five sets of mailing labels for different categories of clients, but naturally there are no properly formatted addresses that I can simply merge into a document!!!!!) There may or may not be an easier way to do this than to format each address individually and copy it into the right document, but I don't know how.

I got another project today, too, but I won't get into it.

Anyway, these ridiculously time-involved projects are cutting into my study time and I feel like I've hit a wall in what I can learn. I have to look for some study tips or something. I thought I was doing okay this morning because I blocked out some time to study (I even put it on my calendar!) and I felt pretty productive because I knew that when the time was up, I had something else to do, so I was motivated to concentrate.

But this afternoon just kind of fell apart. I don't know why I can't remember anything! How am I going to pass this test if I have to memorize a million formulas and definitions and stipulations? I'm only half way through the book. Why did I think this new job was a good idea, again?

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

You can do it!!!! I have all the faith in the world in you!