Sunday, November 27, 2011

Top 50 movies

I've decided that if I can't get through the top 100 (130) movies, I'll get through the top 50. I have 20 to go, and I think 9 or 10 of them are available on demand and at least one of them is on the DVR. Thank you, AMC, for broadcasting all of these classic movies that I need to watch soon!

The movies I need to watch are:
Citizen Kane
Lawrence of Arabia
The Graduate*
On the Waterfront*
Sunset Blvd.
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Some Like It Hot
All About Eve*
Chinatown*
The Grapes of Wrath*?
2001: A Space Odyssey
Raging Bull
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Annie Hall
Midnight Cowboy*
The Best Years of Our Lives
Double Indemnity*
Doctor Zhivago*
The Birth of a Nation*
A Clockwork Orange

*I think available via Netflix Instant, or were the last time I checked.

We're planning on watching Citizen Kane this upcoming weekend, but we're going to watch an older movie first so I can understand just how revolutionary of a film it is. I think I'll go for The Grapes of Wrath. It's one of two movies I haven't seen that was made before 1940, which is when Citizen Kane was released. Although, really, I HAVE watched Gone with the Wind a few times recently because it's been on TV (AMC!), so maybe I can use that as a comparison.

Anyway, wish me luck! I've got a lot of work ahead of me in the coming weeks!

No comments: