Monday, November 05, 2012

Me Talk Pretty One Day

Tonight Janna and I went to see David Sedaris speak at the Valentine. We got the tickets back in April and honestly I kind of forgot about the show til a couple weeks ago. I was a bit apprehensive because we got first row seats (what was I thinking???) and I didn't really know what to expect.

Turns out, don't listen to me. We had an absolutely amazing time! I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard in my LIFE. I was belly laughing to the point of crying. Really, who would expect a twenty minute story about a colonoscopy to leave an audience shrieking with laughter? And naturally stories about learning foreign languages are hilarious (please read Me Talk Pretty One Day - or better yet, get the audiobook!), but somehow David Sedaris makes them even better.

If you ever get the opportunity to see him in person, please buy tickets. And give one to me.

No comments: