Friday, November 01, 2013

NaBloPoMo strikes again!

Another year, another NaBloPoMo. I am going to do my best to post every day this month. Hopefully it will be easy to do once we are in the house because then I can post more than just "oh, i packed 1.5 boxes today."

Buying a house and redoing the bathroom means that I am learning about claw foot tubs, subway tiles, and other period-appropriate details. Also, you know, plumbing and tiling and stuff like that.

Plus the house has very few overhead lights which means that I need to go lamp shopping ASAP. We're also looking at consignment shops and other resale establishments to find furnishings that are appropriate. It's been fun so far but I know we need to work slow so we don't blow our budget all at once.

I will post pictures as we progress! Right now our closing will hopefully be next Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: