Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Beware...

I am sure that very few of you care, but right now my breath is an interesting combination of garlic, onion, and red cabbage. "Why in God's earth would she subject herself to that?" you might ask. Well, Dear Reader, because Döners are wonderful and tasty things. The aftermath disaster that is my breath is another story.

I got to see Bridget for the past couple of days, as she was in Wittenberg waiting until she flew back home to Buffalo for a short vacation before she turns around and comes back to live on the other side of the country. It was absolutely great to see her! The whole experience was quite bizarre, though, just chilling in this city where we both spent a lot of time a couple years ago. But all in all, it was great. I got some tips about the apartment and about the city, which was nice, and I got to borrow some books from her, too!

I also was lucky enough to discover that the 'Natur als Vision' exhibit of paintings by the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood at the Altes Museum and the MoMA exhibit at the Neues Nationalgalerie in Berlin are both there til mid-September! There is hope for my dreams as an art connoisseur :)

And because I have nothing really interesting to say, check out jeninkorea.blogspot.com , as Jen chronicles her adventures teaching the youth of our Seoul (ha!). Thanks to her, I will be experimenting with posting photos to the blog, once I get this digital camera o' mine figured out!

Also, a happy birthday to Dr. Barry, one of my German profs at Wittenberg. His birthday was yesterday or is today, so here are some birthday greetings out into the void for him! Alles Güte zum Geburtstag!

No comments: