Thursday, September 02, 2004

The Germans aren't too big on dieting. Especially Atkins. How do I know this, you ask? Have I been cohorting with German dietary experts? No, I just eat in the cafeteria. Today: two baked potatoes. Smothered in some sort of heavy (yet delicious and flavorful) sauce. That was lunch. Two baked potatoes! Who needs two?!

Anyway, yesterday was my 4-week anniversary. I spent the day in Leipzig on an excursion. It was fun, and it didn't rain, which is a vast improvement from recent weather, where it has rained EVERY AFTERNOON for about 20 minutes, then again around 9 or 10 at night, and sometime overnight so that it is wet when I leave the apartment. Loveley, eh?

Not much else is going on. I am going to Potsdam on Saturday with Frau Busack and the Sommerakadamie kids, so that should be fun. Only it can't possibly be as fun as when I was there in '02, for that was the location of the Naked Man Flasher Incident. Oh man, oh man.

Well, this afternoon there is some sort of activity that I am participating in, something to do with tea, and Russia, I'm not really sure. I will let you know tomorrow! Tschüssi!

No comments: