Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I'm down. And out. In Las Vegas. Not really. Well, the Vegas part isn't true. But the first part is. The November blues have set in. The Honeymoon period is over, and the weather is turning wintery and my mood is all sorts of weird.

I'm blaming the weather. Fourties and rainy for about a week so far, with no chance of it letting up. And it gets dark EARLY now. Like, I turn my light on when I get home from work at 4:30 and it's literally dark out by 5. It's hard to deal with.

Also, I'm bored. I feel like I am doing the same thing every day, with no variation. I've got my mondo cross stitch project to work on, which is almost finished (relatively speaking), so I should be motivated to get that done, right? Well, you'd think, but that's not how my mind is working. I don't have the money to start any new projects (it's all too expensive over here) so I am left with the few things I brought with me.

I am lucky that I am flying home for Thanksgiving in ten days. It feels like a bit of a cop-out, truthfully, but honestly, I don't know how I'd get through the month otherwise.

Normally I wouldn't bother posting about this, but everything I've read has told me to not bottle up my negative feelings, so I'm posting this for posterity.

On a happier note, congrats to Benjamin for completing the NY Marathon this past weekend!

I'm off. In the rain. To mope. Go me!

No comments: