Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Yeah, give me your heart...

and I'll shove it up your nose!

NO MORE WHAM! The Germans are OBSESSED with 'Last Christmas' -- and it is driving me batty! To illustrate my point, the video for the song (you know, the one made in the EIGHTIES!) made a 're-entry' onto Hitlist Germany, the MTV countdown show that plays videos of popular songs. Granted, the show also features polka and 'Sound of Music-esque' videos, but still.

I've begun to follow the suggestion of Sarah at tomatonation.com and change the words: "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, I admitted I'm gay..." So true, so true.

**Ed. note: other than this song, I adore George Michael. Adore! I named my first great mix cd after one of the cds in his Greatest Hits collection: Songs for the Heart. So, it's nothing personal, Mr. Michael. I just want to shoot my eyes out with a Red Ryder BB Gun. (Name that movie!)

No comments: