Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Back in Black

Well, not totally black, but I am wearing a black shirt, so it counts.

Easter was alright. I didn't do much of anything except watch a bazillion different movies and do some reading and a bit of knitting. We had daylight savings this weekend, so for the next week or so, I'm now seven hours ahead of all my American contacts and seven hours behind jeninkorea! Exciting!!

Nothing is really happening in my life. Spring has Sprung, it was sunny until SEVEN THIRTY last night, and even sunny when I woke up this morning at 6:45!! I love when the daylight part of the day is more than 12 hours long!

I'm downloading a couple of songs from Harry and the Potters -- a pair of brothers who perform original songs about HP. "Save Ginny Weasley," "Wizard Chess," and "The Godfather" are all available to check out, and if you enjoy them, you can buy their first self-titled CD. Their second release ("Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock!") features such classics as "Stick it to Dolores," "The Human Hosepipe," and "The Godfather, part II." There's even a special unreleased song available on their website -- "The Wrath of Hermione." I've got them all saved on my desktop right now, waiting patiently til I get to the store to buy some blank cds, because I'm a bit wary of blasting them in my office. But from what I've heard thus far, I dig 'em. How could I not, with lyrics like "we've got to save Ginny Weasley from the basilisk, / we've got to save the school from that unseen horror." You save that school, Harry. And the Potters. I salute you!

4 comments:

Tom said...

OMG, I really had to laugh when I read the band name - tell me if the songs are any good.

(If you wonder who I am, ask Jess.)

Tom said...

OMG, I really had to laugh when I read the band name - tell me if the songs are any good.

(If you wonder who I am, ask Jess.)

Anonymous said...

OMG, I really had to laugh when I read the band name - tell me if the songs are any good.

(If you wonder who I am, ask Jess.)

Abba said...

"Harry and the Potters" crack me up. I sometimes go around work humming: "Oh my God, you look like a frog; Oh my God, you look like a frog ...." It's completely juvenile, but it gets stuck in my head. And I know it's completely inappropriate, but the line "...the Dementors will eat his soul..." always makes me giggle. So does: "...I got a mysterious gift from my dead dad...." Alas. I'm easily amused.