Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Time is (Almost) Here

to be sung in the style of A Charlie Brown Christmas

I think, now that vacation is over, that I am ready for it to be Christmas! Thanksgiving is next week, but we don't really have any plans other than Second Thanksgiving, so I've turned my eyes towards that delightful holiday season of giving!

I have so many plans for things to make and do, but I don't know that I'm going to get everything done. I want to:

make cards
make a couple holiday gifts (including a great cross-stitch or embroidered sampler for my own family white elephant! This is what I most want to get done, so why am I waiting until practically the last minute to begin?!)
put up the tree
compile a Christmas list
tackle gift shopping for others
plan and host our Christmas party (and make invitations? Am I crazy ambitious or just crazy?)

But first things first: today I have to do the dishes, put away the laundry, and tidy up the house. It will be so much easier to use this day to get things done if I have a clean foundation to work with. Good thing I enjoyed that vacation of mine! :)

No comments: