Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lost in Austin

Good morning! I've only got a few minutes to blog - we're headed out for some migas for breakfast, then to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum! And possibly the Museum of the Weird later today.

Yesterday we saw the last of the missions, and we backtracked to get a couple pictures that I missed, but then we managed to go inside some of the buildings at a mission that was closed on Thursday. I'll be posting that entry sometime in the next few days, since I think the missions and their history is just so fascinating!

We also got to see the bats flying out of the Congress St bridge last night at dusk. Apparently at the height of bat season (did you know there was such a thing?!), there are 1.5 MILLION bats that come streaming out of the bridge to go feeding. It's really kind of amazing to see just a stream of bats flying off in the same direction for 10 minutes. I can only imagine what it must look like in the summer!

I also sampled some more Tex-Mex food, and that entry will be forthcoming as well (A Tale of Two Tacos).

Off to the sunny Austin downtown!

No comments: