Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cake!

Yeah, I missed a couple days when I was out of town. I had the best intentions of blogging but I would have had to do it from my phone and then I just plain forgot on Saturday. By the time I remembered, I figured I'd just wait til I got home.

ANYWAY! Had the BEST time in Philadelphia. I love my friends so, so much. They were such gracious hosts and despite the fact that I've seen them for maaaaaaaaybe 3 hours in the past 8+ years (!), it was like I just saw them yesterday.

We pretty much just went to their favorite places to eat and drink. I had one of the top five meals of my life on Sunday when we took them to Fiorino, the tiny (tiny! maybe six tables?) Italian restaurant literally across the street from their house. I did not expect to fall in love with the Gnocchi Gorgonzola but I did - I would happily eat three to five pieces of this amazing gnocchi every single night. (I could not eat a whole portion because it's way too rich. It's best served as an appetizer for a group.)

I also discovered a new and delicious adult beverage made of the most surprising ingredient: cake vodka! I am generally skeptical of fancy flavored vodkas but this one really works. I first tried a Lemon Chiffon - cake vodka mixed with Crystal Lite lemonade, but then my heart sang when we mixed it with orange juice instead. I've been thinking about this yummy Orange Julius concoction all day! I've also heard that it's pretty amazing when mixed with pineapple juice. I am stopping at the liquor store on my way home from work tomorrow, without a doubt.


Independence Hall with Kevin! Not sure why I look so much taller than he does because we are the same height. (Crooked picture by Ryan)

Philly lions gotta eat, too! (Picture by Ryan)

Mausoleums with Mike! I am taller than Mike, but I don't know why I look like I am looming over him! (Picture by Ryan)
On the way to the airport with Ryan. I miss him already! 

No comments: