Thursday, November 08, 2012

Weetacon

Tomorrow I leave for Philadelphia. I have a bunch of clothes thrown into my suitcase (plus it's already about 1/3 full with the things Kevin asked me to bring) but I am not really satisfied with how any of them fit. Actually, I take that back. The jeans and shoes I have packed are perfectly fine, but all of my shirts cling unattractively to my belly. This is a no-win situation for me :(

I would like to improve my fashion sense but I don't really know how. Plus shopping is usually a negative experience for a plus-sized lady (wait what) so that makes it doubly hard. There was an article I read recently that talked about dressing one's fantasy self. Dude, my fantasy self is so cute! She wears lots of skirts and dresses and when she wears pants, they are perfectly hemmed; her hair is always perfectly arranged with no weird kicky-outy-pieces; when she paints her nails, they do not chip the next day.

Instead, my real life self is stuck with a rotation of seven shirts that she wears to work and a weekend wardrobe of jeans, a tee, and a cardigan of some color, and the few suits she owns are pinstriped so they can't be worn every day.

I want to look more put together, but I don't know where to begin. I need  and am trying to lose some weight, so really I don't want to put a ton of money into my wardrobe right now, but I am so discouraged by the way I dress! I need some help :(

1 comment:

K said...

I have the same issue. But a fashion friendly friend of mine told me that jewelry helps pull any outfit together. So maybe you can start with some cute good jewelry (pendant necklace, chunky necklace, etc) while you're trying to lose weight. Jewelry always fits!!